Both in Bologna and Reggio Emilia, although they are quite dynamic cities, we notice that there is still a strong gap between young people and the social life of the community and how this has an impact also on the society. In fact, it brings disinterest, lack of critical sense and social cohesion. For this YouNet and YouNet-Reggio Emilia for years support actions to support young people, especially with fewer opportunities, creating opportunities for active participation, mobility, knowledge in unconventional forms, exchange and meetings with other cultures, trying to bring closer what is perceived as far away, only because of lack of first-person experiences. In the short term, VIDA intends to:
- - Supporting inter-subjective volunteer paths of value in Bologna and Reggio Emilia, aimed at the unconventional learning of specific knowledge and growth as active individuals
- - Promote democratic actions that motivate young people to actively take part in social life
- - Contribute to the promotion of solidarity, critical thinking and social inclusion of disadvantaged people, maturing polyvalent skills in relations with them
- - To give a tangible sign of the importance of these actions, involving local and international stakeholders, so that there is greater listening to the needs of young people
- - Increase the capacity for European action of the subjects involved, improving and modernizing their work.